Durr’s RHINOS FOR RELIEF is Mobilizing in Response to Hurricane Harvey
Rhinos for Relief
Durr is mobilizing our RHINOS FOR RELIEF initiative to help the victims of Hurricane Harvey. We are in the process of finalizing our plans to convoy a team of volunteers to the Houston area this weekend or early next week. The timeframe of our efforts will be contingent on logistical planning.
As we’ve done in response to other disaster and emergency situations, RHINOS FOR RELIEF will provide hot meals and water to those directly affected by Hurricane Harvey and to the first responders who are working hard to support them. We will also be distributing whatever donated items we can muster.
How You Can Help
- Supplies – see list of most-needed supplies below*
- Canned goods and Non-perishable dry goods
- Monetary – funds raised will go towards the purchase of the most-needed supplies. Visit our GoFundMe campaign page here.
VOLUNTEER: Convoy with the Rhinos for Relief team and help serve/distribute food and supplies
HOUSING: Housing options for up to 8 volunteers for 2-3 nights
DURR IS ACCEPTING DONATIONS AT OUR OFFICES:
817 HICKORY AVENUE, HARHAN LA 70123
BETWEEN 8AM – 6PM WEEKDAYS FROM THURS AUG 31 TO WED SEPT 6 AND SAT SEPT 2 BY APPT
**Stay tuned for updates as we will accept donations up until the convoy departs New Orleans**
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Contact: Dawn Emery, email@example.com; 504-402-0765
*MOST NEEDED SUPPLIES
- Bottled water
- Powerade, Gatorade
- Bay items (diapers, wipes, formula, food, bottles, powder, etc.)
- Bleach, Lysol, Clorox Wipes, etc.
- Mops, brooms, buckets, etc.
- Contractor bags, gloves, surgical masks, etc.
- Soap, toothpaste, toothbrush, razors, floss, feminine products, deodorant, etc.
- Paper towels, kleenex, toilet paper, etc.
- Dog and cat food
- Flash lights and batteries
- New pillows, sheets, towels, and air mattresses
- Duct tape
- Plastic storgae bins
- Boxes and packing tape